Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fats on Fats... on fats

People think it's the cutest thing when they see a fat couple strolling, holding hands, walking through the park.
If you are one of these people, there is a firm middle finger being thrust your way. Fuck you, very much.

It was 10th grade [4th form] and after 3 long years of waiting we were FINALLY old enough to attend our school's annual Co-ed dance, "HOP". Those of us attractive enough to already secure dates had only the task of deciding what the matching outfit would be for our couple. Of course there were the hopeless romantics that were intent on being accompanied to the grand event, and were mustering up the courage to send that brazen letter over to the College upon the hill, boldly asking some young egotistic boy, their hand in accompaniment.

Then there was me. I don't know why I said those of "Us", because I was not remotely close to being in that envied group. I knew my place in society. I knew better than to expect someone to ask me to be their date, and if they did, it was surely some cruel prank on the part of heartless teenage boys. [I've seen "Never Been Kissed] I wasn't going to fall for that, and so I decidedly would attend the gala solo, not uncommon, as many disappointed girls were left high and dry; reasons ranging from shameless cowardice to impervious insubordination [or so it was always alleged] on the part of their previously arranged date. 
In any case, I was quite fine with attending the dance alone. As our sick, twisted Universe would have it however, a few weeks before HOP, I had a chance encounter with a nice young man from the great College on the Hill. He was polite, sarcastic [as is an amiable trait in our mates these days], hence reasonably amusing... nice guy. He weighed about 300 lbs, easily. No qualms, had no intentions of dating him anyway, just a cool new friend to joke with and reason with, right? 
My naivety left me gravely disappointed -_-. As the date of the event drew closer, it became evident that the young man took our casual conversation as an indication of us going together... whaaaat? [and they say fat girls are the clingy ones!]

Don't get me wrong, I'm tying in the argument now, bear with me. There is NOTHING wrong with bigger men. Shit, I'm a big ass bitch! But why I felt violated?
1. Umm, at which point in this introductory conversation was this decision agreed upon *raised eyebrow*?
2. [the straw that broke the camel's back]  Everyone felt the need to express to me how "cute" it was. -__-

People, I am no specimen to be observed and cooed at. That is.however, how I was made to feel. I vowed ever since that i would never date a chubby guy [broke vow, but he was an impressive Point guard for the #3 Under 19 High School team in the Island... Exceptions can always be made ;-)]. I could not, and still cannot stomach the thought of onlookers smiles of glee, and unrelenting commentary [such as "They probably get their most intense orgasms at dinner time"].I'm too emotionally weak and easily abashed to handle all of that, and so I've avoided the situation like a plague.

Beenie Man once said "A lioness fi have a Lion, Rastaman to have a Ras-woman". Is the case that a Fat man should have a fat woman? I strongly disagree. I will continue to drill it into my readers' minds. Fat people are quite normal human beings! We do not appreciate being categorized as would amphibians, birds, arachnids, or any other specimen of the world.
It shouldn't be cute because we're fat. Him hanging on to my every word, us completing each others thoughts, anything else that happened in "The Notebook"; those are things that are cute and should be fawned after, not our size. When I see 2 ugly ass motherfuckers unattractive people engaging on an intimate level I often feel moved to tell them how sweet it is of them. That would be embarrassing for them and so I exercise the courtesy of resisting this [very strong] urge.
Return the favor people and leave us fat people alone to be treated normally.


Regards, EFB :D

1 comment:

  1. lmao ... Keebs you amaze me! You sure you didn't major in journalism? I mean this is really good stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete